SQL iQuery™ for IBM i
Introducing iQuery™ - The IBM i SQL tool that allows you to create and run modern database queries using SQL and you can even repurpose your existing Query/400 queries for SQL.
iQuery v4.0 - Focus on the Web, JSON, Excel and SiLQ - March 1st 2017
The latest version of iQuery focuses on the web. Specifically we are the only solution that allows you to move SQL results directly to JSON files on the IFS or directly to the Web browser for processing by standard web tools, such as JQuery, DataTables, W3Schools, and many others. We can do this because our SQL iQuery product can write the results of your SQL SELECT statements directly to the web browser as JSON content.
When you need something that you can start using immediately, SQL iQuery 4.0 is your best choice.
But we didn't stop there. SQL iQuery now supports native .XLS Excel output directly allowing customers to transform their native SQL SELECT statement results to EXCEL. You can even email the results directly to your end-users--it's all built-in.
SQL iQuery version 4.0 is the best version we've ever built; it's time you started taking advantage of it's great features.
Our new SiLQ (pronounced "Silk") SQL programming language allows SQL develope's to write scripts with IF/THEN/ELSE logic to get the job done faster. In many cases CL and even RPG programs can be replaced with SiLQ. (SilQ stands for "SQL for i Language for Query")
Version 3.2 Available Now
SQL iQuery is a modern SQL tool that allows you to immediately view your SQL SELECT statement results on the web, the green screen, PDF or Excel. It even outputs JSON, HTML, or XML just to show off.
New! Free PowerPoint: Using SQL iQuery Scripting (PDF)
Modernize Your Queries using SQL iQuery
SQL iQuery allows you to use standard SQL to build reports, PDFs, Excel files, database outfiles, and web content. You can also replace most legacy Query/400 scripts with iQuery and get the job done faster. In addition, using one or two SQL statements can often help you avoid writing hundreds or even thousands of lines of RPG code--and SQL iQuery gives you the flexibility to modify those statements externally or at runtime.
Our RUNiQRY (Run SQL using iQuery) command is going to be your RPG Developer's new best friend!
The iQuery SQL Scripting tool provides the most powerful SQL Scripting system on the platform.
- Run SQL statements (including SELECT) from the web or Command Entry or CL
- Run ad hoc statements
- Run SQL scripts stored in source members or IFS text files
- Interactive results from Command entry
- Write once, output to any of our supported file formats (excel, PDF, JSON, XML, csv, outfile, etc.)
- Read CSV files from the IFS
- Selectively build FTP Scripts within iQuery Script to transfer data to/from your system
What good is a tool if every time you need an alternate output format, you have to buy an add-on, install a new feature, or go looking for yet another tool? With SQL iQuery, you simply specify the output format you want and the existing industry standard SQL statement is used to produce the data in that format; nothing's easier. Here's a list of output formats supported by SQL iQuery's Write One and Done interface:
- OUTPUT(*) - Classic "work with" panel.
- OUTPUT(*PRINT) - Create a Report with standard Headings and alignments.
- OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) - Create a New file based on the queried data.
- OUTPUT(*PDF) - Create a PDF File on the IFS ready to be distributed or viewed.(Requires v6r1 or later)
- OUTPUT(*CSV) - Create comma delimited files (CSV) for use in MS Excel and other applications.
- OUTPUT(*EXCEL) - Create Excel SLK files that can be directly open in MS Excel.
- OUTPUT(*HTML) - Create a scrolling HTML Table containing your result.
- OUTPUT(*TEXT) - Create a report as a plain ASCII text file.
With SQL iQuery, it does not matter what the end-format is going to be. You can prototype the SELECT statement until you get it the way you want it, then decide what the output format will be. Use our interactive viewer to view your results, customize and refine the statement, tweak the titles and then save it to a source file member. When you're ready to run that statement, you decide what output format you need. Need a PDF today but that one special user wants in it Excel? No worries, just run it and set the OUTPUT parameter to *EXCEL and it just works. You're the hero!
- Name: SQL iQuery™
- Install Library: IQUERY
- Product ID: 2COZ-QF2
- Built for IBM i: v7.1 and later
- SQL iQuery CL Command: RUNIQRY and RUNIQRYF
Check out SQL iQuery for yourself. Download our free trial today.